Every so often someone comes up with a new idea that makes you go... WHAT?!
[USA Today Article]
Presenting "Dinner in the Sky": dine at a table suspended from a crane 165 feet above the ground, harnessed into a chair like you're in a roller coaster.
This begs the immediate question... WHY? Are people really that fascinated with cheap thrills and gimicks that this actually would sound like an appealing proposition? In the spirit of cynicism, I present the Top 10 Things Heard During a Dinner in the Sky Event:
10) "As we prepare for our descent, please make sure your plates are securely fastened."
9) "Whew... I think I had a bit too much iced tea."
8) "It was like eating with the 12 apostles and Jesus Christ." [Quote from the co-inventor.]
7) "Anyone have a fire extinguisher?"
6) "Timmy? What happened to all your vegetables?"
5) "Check, please!"
4) "Ladies and gentlemen, we're expecting a bit of turbulence... please return to your seats."
3) "Welcome to Dinner in the Sky, the world's largest lightning rod!"
2) "Waiter, there's a bird in my soup!"
1) "Look at all the people below us... Oops! Can I please have another steak knife?"
In a related story, Dinner in Disguise? Sky-high dining reports drop in reservations after bout of violent food poisoning.