This Friday will be the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, China. In honor of this occasion, this week's quiz will be dedicated to the history of those games:
1) Which of these sports has never been a medal event at a Summer Olympic Games?
C. Motorboat Racing
D. Lawn Bowling (Bocce)
E. Tug of War
2) The USA has won more medals at the Summer Olympics than any other nation. How many has it won?
3) What is the only year that the USA did not participate in the Summer Olympic Games?
4) In 1956, Melbourn, Australia hosted the games, but due to Australian quarantine laws on foreign horses, the equestrian events were held 5 months earlier where?
C. Los Angeles
5) The 2008 Beijing Olympics will be the final appearance of baseball and softball as Olympics events. When did each of these sports first appear as medal events?
A. 1936 & 2000
B. 1992 & 1996
C. 1992 & 2000
D. 1936 & 1996
E. 1996 & 2000