- Tonight I need to make my way over to the curling club to meet my Thursday night team who wants to get some practice time in so we might be able to win a few more games this year. Should be fun, hopefully I'm still awake by then.
- Tomorrow I have a meeting for the Husky Band Foundation, followed by the customary pop culture trivia night at Jillian's. That'll be fun and a nice break from work, but unfortunately, all these other things have to be done too.
- Friday kicks off the curling season with, of course, the league I manage. So as usual I've got the next two days to figure out who all is planning to curl on Fridays, get a rough idea of how the teams will be all organized, and hope that nothing falls through the cracks. Looking at my recent registration lists, I can see that there'll be plenty of the usual last minute people who didn't see fit to register early, and I'll have to shoehorn them into the roster in some capacity. Why can't everyone in the world be more organized? Seriously...
- Saturday I volunteered to help out with another curling open house, so I'll be back up there teaching folks how to curl again. At least that'll be fun and fortunately with the Huskies bye this week, I don't have to worry about juggling that with a UW football game. :)
- In things without an allotted time, I need to do laundry from my trip sometime.
- I need to figure out what Vancouver 2010 Olympics tickets I want to put into my order. I've got about a month to figure that out, but I want to iron it out sooner than later, mainly because it's fun and it'll be cool to plan what I want to try to get tickets for. How exciting. And how ridiculously expensive can tickets to the Opening Ceremony be? Oh, anywhere from $700-$1300 each. Ouch!
- Any number of other things I've forgotten. What a week, what a week...
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Vacation Wrapup and The Week Ahead
Without much trouble we made it back home from the islands, and never have I been more pleased to have 50 degree weather and a distinct lack of sun. :) Unfortunately, now I have a half dozen things to do in the next three days, not counting getting back up to speed with everything going on at work. Running down the highlights of the calendar:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I just bought (the chance at) about five grand of hockey and curling tickets for 2010. I'm not sure what would be worse, getting all those tickets or getting none!
Oh, I know. I suspect you'll get a fair number of the curling tickets you requested (unless the US has a bunch of crazy people wanting to go see Curling because it's cheap). Who knows about hockey.
On the other hand, you shouldn't have a hard time "reselling" them if you get more than you want to use.
Post a Comment